1. Login to https://flowinc.app/login
2. Navigate to the "Funds" tab on the left-hand menu and select the fund for which you would like to send a capital call
3. Select the Documents menu. Then Select the Upload Documents button.
4. You can drag and drop your PDF documents or by clicking on "Upload Document(s)", link to a document service (like Dropbox), or upload documents from your computer:
Note: PDF documents can follow any naming convention, however, our system can only automatically assign documents that follow a specific naming convention.
[Date]_[Fund Name]_[Document Type]_[LP Name*]
*This is the investment account name selected by the LP as it appears in Flow (case sensitive)
2020_Timia I_Capital Call_Jason Davidson.pdf
July 1, 2020_Timia I_Capital Call Notice_James LLC.pdf
5. Select 'Assign'.
Side Note: If you select "Move to Folder" you will not be able to assign the document, but instead you can pick what folder you want to move the document to. You can select the "Top Level" - where the document does not live in a folder, or from two types of folders. Folders shared with investors are blue and have a special icon. Documents placed in these folders will be visible to investors. Fund folders are in purple. Documents placed in these folders will not be visible to investors:
6. Select the document type from the dropdown. After selecting a document type, we will tag the document with specific tags. You can add tags as you see fit. Tags are useful because you can filter by tags in the Documents view. After selecting 'Confirm Assignment' you will be able to locate the document in the folder you assigned.
7. Once you have assigned the document to a specific LP, and moved the documents specific folder, you will have an opportunity to select 'Email Investor'. If you select this option, the email that is sent to the limited partners will include a Purple button that takes them directly to the folder where the document is moved.
8. In the message modal, type a general message to limited partners. Toggle the 'Include all Team Member' to send a notification to every member on the investment.
9. Once you are finished, click "Assign and Move", your capital call notice emails will be sent to each investor. Below is a preview of that email:
10. The documents are now visible to each investor when they log in via the link they have been sent by email: