Flow provides two options for sending capital calls - an automated option that autogenerates a capital call notice and adds it to investors' onboarding workflows, as well as a manual option that allows you to easily upload your own PDF capital call documents and assign them to investors. The article below walks through how to complete a capital call using the manual capital call option.
For a walkthrough on how to use the automated capital call option, click here: How to Send a Capital Call: Autogenerated Capital Calls.
Distributing your prepared PDF capital calls on the Flow platform is simplified through our upload and assign feature detailed below.
1. Select the investors to whom you'd like to send your prepared pdf capital calls, and select "Send Capital Call".
2. Select "Upload and Assign Capital Call Notice(s)" and upload your prepared capital calls.
3. After uploading, the pop-up modal will ask you to assign the documents to their respective owners. The documents will auto-load with the tag "Capital Call Document," and be sorted into the "Capital Call Documents Folder".
Our system can automatically assign documents that follow the specific naming convention:
[Date]_[Fund Name]_[Document Type]_[LP Name*]
2020_Timia I_Capital Call_Jason Davidson.pdf
July 1, 2020_Timia I_Capital Call Notice_James LLC.pdf
Using this naming convention will auto-assign the documents to their respective investors. If you do not use the file naming convention, you can still assign documents to their respective owners using the assignment dropdown.
The folder you select will sort the capital call into the respective folder on the investor's view.
The Message modal enables you to write a custom message as well as update the "Reply-to" email address. Messages sent without an updated "Reply-to" will be sent from the firstname.lastname@example.org email address.
4. Once you've reviewed the capital call documents to ensure that the correct documents are assigned to the correct investors, select "Upload Capital Call Documents".
5. The investor will receive an email prompting them to the Flow platform to access his or her capital call via the big purple button.
6. The uploaded capital call will then be available to each investor under the investor's Documents tab within the folder in which it was assigned.
Still have questions? Feel free to reach out to email@example.com.