How to Assign and Stage Documents on Flow
Staging documents allows fund administrators to upload documents and confirm their accuracy reflects inputs on the system before sharing them with investors. The Flow platform allows you to upload and stage documents in a quick
1. Login to Flow at flowinc.app/login
2. Select the relevant fund by clicking the 'Funds' icon in the left-hand sidebar and then selecting the fund from the Funds page. From there, click on the 'Documents' tab, then click 'Upload Documents'.
3. Upload the documents you wish to share with an investor or multiple investors, then select 'Assign Documents'.
3. To assign a document to an investor, select the document type, then select the investor who you would like to share the document with.
4. Once you have selected the investor, toggle on 'Stage Document(s)' to upload the document to the investor's account but not make it visible or accessible to the investor.
5. Select a folder where you would like the document to appear for the investor. If you don't select a folder, the document will appear at the "top level" of the investor's Documents view.
5. If you choose to leave the documents in the "top level", they will appear outside of any folders.
6. Once staged documents are moved to a specific folder they will appear in that folder, under a tab called "Staged Documents".
From here, you can view the document by either clicking on the document title, or by selecting "View and Approve" in the ellipses menu.
This view allows you to verify the information in the document matches the information in the investment profile.
6. To approve the document, click "Approve". Once you do this, the document will be assigned and visible to the owner. Although they will NOT be notified, once they log in, they will be able to see the file among their documents.
If the document lives in a folder, it will also be moved from the "Staged Documents" tab to the "Investor Owned" tab.