The steps below show how you can upload documents to a fund or to a specific Limited Partner's investment account.
1. Once you have selected the appropriate fund from the tab on the left titled 'Funds', navigate to the 'Documents' tab. Select the box that says 'Upload Documents'.
2. Select 'Assign Documents'.
Side Note: If you select "Move to Folder" you will not be able to assign the document, but instead you can pick what folder you want to move the document to. You can select the "Top Level" - where the document does not live in a folder, or from two types of folders.
Folders shared with investors are blue and have a special icon. Documents placed in these folders will be visible to investors.
Fund folders are in purple. Documents placed in these folders will not be visible to investors:
3. Select the document type from the dropdown. After selecting a document type, we will tag the document with specific tags. You can add tags as you see fit. Tags are useful because you can filter by tags in the Documents view. After selecting 'Confirm Assignment' you will be able to locate the document in the folder you assigned. For this example, I would go to the 'Formation Documents' folder to find this document.
4. You can now choose to Move the document to a specific folder. You can choose to keep it at the "Top Level" where the document does not live in a folder, or choose from one of the folders in the list.
Any document that is assigned an owner can only be moved into an investor-visible folder. Fund folders (designated by the purple icon) will not be visible in the Move/Share list if you assign a document to an investor.
Please note: If you instead upload documents directly to an LP's account from the Fund > Investors view will not move the document to a folder. You will need to move the document to the folder in the Documents dashboard. Documents assigned to an LP that are not staged will appear under the "Investor Owned" tab in the "Documents" dashboard, within the respective folder:
For assistance on tagging, review the 'Tagging Documents' section below. Finally, note that you can send a message directly after uploading documents for a fund event (e.g. Capital Account Statement distribution).
Additionally, if you use our naming convention for any LP document type, you can upload documents and they will automatically assign to the LP.
Note: Documents can follow any naming convention, however, our system can only automatically assign documents that follow a specific naming convention.
[Date]_[Fund Name]_[Document Type]_[LP Name*]
*This is the investment account name selected by the LP as it appears in Flow (case sensitive)
2020_Timia I_Capital Call_Jason Davidson.pdf
tJuly 1, 2020_Timia I_Capital Call Notice_James LLC.pdf
5. You will be able to see the document assignment here. Documents that have an owner pending approval (orange dot by account name) will NOT appear in that user's profile until verified by Flow Operations. Read more about Staging here.
6. You can tag documents after they have been uploaded by navigating to the three dots to the right of the document and clicking 'Tag Document'.
Tagging documents allows you to categorize them and later, filter documents by tags.
You can learn how to create and manage folders here.
In order to take actions (archive, assign, tag, move/share) on multiple documents, all you have to do is click on the checkboxes. A menu will then appear allowing you to take said actions.
If you want to select more than one document at a time, select a document, hold down the SHIFT key and scroll down to the last document you want to include in your list, and click on the checkbox for that document.